2.20.2011

DEFINITION OF BEAUTY.1 :: nursery rhymes

RHYMES: WHAT ARE LITTLE GIRLS MADE OF //

This rhyme is a popular nursery rhyme dating from the early nineteenth century.
The relevant section in the original versions was:



The rhyme I am working on is ‘ what are little girls made of’. The original version of this rhyme is a lot longer, covering many characters such as babies, young men, sailors, soldiers, nurses and so on. The rhyme gave us a clear picture of those characters back in 19 century. I only took a small part of this rhyme mentioned little girl.

In this work, I intend to present the influence of media on how we define beauty nowadays, so called political beauty. It is often argued we are brainwashed by media on the way we define beauty. Thanks to plastic surgery, becoming pretty is so much easier nowadays and that is exactly what I was trying to present in my work - how easy is it to change your body parts… it is just like playing paper dolls.


No comments: