2.20.2011

DEFINITION OF BEAUTY.2 :: big idea

INTERPRETATION OF “SUGAR & SPICE” //
One of the reason I chosen this rhyme is the sentence matching my idea totally. When the author asks the question what are little girls made of? The answer “Sugar and spice” is quite humorous if applied to the topic of plastic surgery.


In our daily life, we often hear people call one another Sugar, Sweetie and Honey. The purpose would be making the relationship closer and friendlier. When people see a sexy woman, they often consider the girl to be’ hot’. But, seeing this from another angle, the patient has to inject some medical liquids when they have the plastic surgery. In my description, those medical liquids are “sugar” and those magical sugars making women hot.
Anyway, in this part I still prefer to leave the imagination space for the viewers themselves.

After that, I found a way to translate the plastic surgery and I gathered relevant images. The doctor makes the mark and dotted lines on the part of face or body.


Those dotted lines inspired me the paper dolls. When I was little, I always played paper dolls with my sister. We can change their cloths, shoes, necklace and hairstyle several times every night and having a beauty competition. The act of re-dressing the paper dolls remind me of how easy it is for women nowadays to change or improve their looks or appearance with plastic surgery.

No comments: