2.20.2011

MEDIA MANIPULATE.3 :: inspiration

HEROES //


Following the rhyme I changed, I tried to find a way to communicate the image. The episode “Heroes” inspired me a lot. “Heroes” is an American science fiction television drama series. The plot of Heroes is designed to involve ordinary people who discover extraordinary super powers, and how these abilities take effect in the daily life. In the story, Sylar is a bad guy who wants to gather all abilities from the other super heroes and control the whole world.

Therefore, Sylar starts to cut other people’s brains open and obtain their abilities. Through this story, there an interesting issue inspired me with my design. All the super heroes are special, owing to their the special powers in their brain. This reminds me of a simple process, where all the activities we do are controlled by our mind and our mind formed by our brain. The media can control us; because they know ways to control our thinking. Similarly those characters in heroes can control us because they no how to control their minds.

No comments: