2.20.2011

MEDIA MANIPULATE.5 :: body language


Body language is a form of non-verbal communication, consisting of body posture, gestures, and eye movements. It is often said that human communication consists of 93% body language and paralinguistic cues, while only 7% of communication consists of words themselves.

I believe that using body language is the main point in my design. Therefore, I took photos with physical actions by myself and imitated the words in the rhymes “Wash on Monday”, such as washing, hovering, baking, brewing, churning, cleaning and resting. Moreover, one of the images from the book “Lose Control” led me to wear the business suit with those actions.


From the book “Lose Control”.

For me, a businessman is the best description to show the regularity of their life and also the need to receive a huge amount of information from the media to be a perfect worker. Therefore, those physical actions would be applied on each puppet to make the state of mind stronger to explain the image.















No comments: