2.20.2011

MEDIA MANIPULATE.6 :: design process


Once all information is gathered, I started sketching on paper. After I decided the form of physical action for the man wearing the suit, I started to test the form of the brain with the man.



Through the images of my sketch, I realize that the heads of the characters should be bigger and stand out, to enhance the concept our brains are controlled by the mass media.



Therefore, I re-designed the feature of characters in computer. The size of the head is perfect in the image this time. I used black lines to draw the shape of brain and used different images on the each brain, such as image of water, fire, beer, newspaper and a real brain. The characters are interesting, but the brains are difficult to distinguish. The viewers might get confused with it.

Therefore, I decided to use the images of a real brain on all the characters to make it clearer. Moreover, I designed the puppeteer’s head as a television, which represents the mass media. All the characters are monotone expect the brain. I try to use colors to enhance the images of brain. And also keep background simple, and then the reader can see the relationship between men and media.



Lastly,I feel this image is still not strong enough. So I started to play the materials, change the lines to the real cotton knit and print the man on transparent paper.




























No comments: